Regional Strategy Groups
Region Chair China Prof David Shallcross India Prof Stephan Winter Middle East Dr Mohsen Kalantari Southeast Asia A/Prof Shanton Chang Northeast Asia (Japan, S.Korea) Prof Tim Baldwin Latin America Dr Guillermo Narsilio Europe, USA, Canada Dr Angus Webb
The regions identified will be reviewed annually to ensure that they are meeting changing requirements and priorities of both MSE and the University.
We invite and encourage academic staff who have an interest in the region to participate.
MSE has seven Regional Strategy Groups (RSGs), tasked with developing more focused strategies for advancing MSE’s international engagement. The Regional Strategy Groups exist to facilitate engagement in line with the MSE2025 Strategy, in line with our MSE International Strategy which was recently developed as an overarching framework to guide, prioritise and coordinate international engagement activities for maximum strategic benefit.
All international collaboration agreement proposals will go through the RSGs. Their key purpose is to highlight MSE's opportunities and strategies within each region, including:
- Opportunities for recruitment of high calibre students into our programs (including RHD students)
- Identification and endorsement of Exchange and Partnerships with key institutions, governments and industry within the Regions
- Promoting greater understanding within MSE of the key issues for students from the Regions
- Identifying research collaboration, consulting opportunities and funding in the Regions
- Involvement in activities related to the region, such as outgoing visits from UoM and meeting with incoming delegations